Maintaining a safe work environment is one of our core principles at Mission Petroleum Carriers. We enforce a strict safety policy to ensure the safety of employees, customers, the public and the environment. We strive to prevent all accidents and injuries through comprehensive health and safety programs.
All staff members are required to participate in ongoing training sessions in accordance with the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) to continuously identify and eliminate hazards and risks. Our unwavering commitment to safety has resulted in one of the best safety records in the business. Areas of training include:
- Mission Orientation Program
- Hazardous Materials Transportation and Handling
- API Measurements and Practices
- Hydrogen Sulfide Gas (H2S) Safety and Awareness
- CSA and other State and Federal Standards and Regulations
- Due to COVID 19 challenges, our safety team continues to train employees/drivers through online videos and Zoom classes with up-to-date strategies.